• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl residue remover

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I've tried most citrus based adhesive removers and I find Rapid Remover to be the best. Expensive but works great.
I have a few landscape customers who use gasoline because it's cheap and on hand. They say it work great...

zillion29

Rapid Remover is probably your safest bet. Xylol works too but it can cause nerve damage overtime and the fumes are bad for you..
I worked in a shop that was bathed in Bestine for a decade, I'm sure the damage is already done! LOL. What in a sign shop DOESN'T cause nerve damage, btw?:big laugh:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I've tried most citrus based adhesive removers and I find Rapid Remover to be the best. Expensive but works great.
I have a few landscape customers who use gasoline because it's cheap and on hand. They say it work great...
You can get benzene poisoning from too much exposure to gasoline. It's really bad to use a solvent. You can thin paint with it too but same issue

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I don't use gas but a few of my customers do like I said.. I use Rapid Remover with a Nitrile gloves.
I wont even prep a truck with ISO with out a Nitrile glove on.

Customers can use what ever they want.