• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl warehouse r31 cutter issue

xtremetk

I have a Vinyl Warehouse R31 cutter that I have been using for a few years now and have always had issues. at times I attempt to cut something and what starts to cut is nothing like the artwork being sent. it will attempt to cut but just keep the blade down and draw lines all over wasting the material. I am assuming this is not the most high tech cutter but there are times that it works flawlessly. Can anyone shed some light on what my issues may be? when it was new and did this i was told the usb cable could be the issue. I tried 5 different cables tonight and none made a difference. Thank you in advance

TDFcustomSL

I used an R31 for about 6 years with zero issues. The plotter I had before that one would cut random lines in material and never lift the blade sometimes. I was told the issue with that machine was the mainboard was going bad.

xtremetk

i dont understand what the issue could be. i just used this last week and cut 45 or so different jobs without an issue. i am using lxi its just cutting random lines and its different every time.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I had similar issues with a couple of Gerbers. Try slowing down the baud rate on your comm port.

JB