• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Wrap Help! Which material?

149motorsports

I just bought a truck bed to replace mine. I'm not in the wrap business but was thinking of buying some material and trying to wrap this 6ft ford ranger bed instead of paint. Which brands and suppliers,ect are good? Looking to keep the truck for a few yrs so i dont need a top of the line vinyl material. Thanks! The paint color is ford Colorado red so i need something close to that.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
If you're looking for solid color wrap film, every manufacturer has their own line & colors. Matching a factory paint job won't be easy but you might find something close.

I'd reach out to your suppliers and request swatches from the big 3 (3M, Oracal, Avery).

rjssigns

I just bought a truck bed to replace mine. I'm not in the wrap business but was thinking of buying some material and trying to wrap this 6ft ford ranger bed instead of paint. Which brands and suppliers,ect are good? Looking to keep the truck for a few yrs so i dont need a top of the line vinyl material. Thanks! The paint color is ford Colorado red so i need something close to that.
I'm going to be brutally honest. With zero wrap experience you'll spend more money and waste more time trying to DIY and the results will be less than stellar.
The wrap will most likely fail within a year too. You won't get a "close" color match either and the truck will look like a patchwork quilt.
Like Mike Paul said take it to a body shop.

TopFliteGraphics

Gonna have to agree with others - just paint it. Or have a shop that does wraps print you a commercial wrap. Trying to match paint with a wrap nowadays is harder than it was even 2-1/2 years ago due to limited color supplies from even the Big Guys - 3M, Avery, and Oracal all have major supply chain issues STILL "due to Covid." More than half of what is in their most recent swatch books are not available so even if you find a color that matches, odds are it is out of stock everywhere