• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyla Advancing

captainron19

I am using Flexi Sign Pro and a JSI P 24 cutter.

Every time I send an image to the cutter, the vinyl seems to advance out about 4-5 inches first. Is there any settings I am missing to stop this?

In production manager I closed in the panel real tight on the items to be cut but it is still advancing.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
See if you don't have some value other than 0 in the vertical position field on the General tab in the Cut/Plot dialog. That would be the dialog that you appear to have confused with the Production Manager.

The Cut/Plot dialog is what appears when invoke the Cut/Plot command from Flexi's main window. The Production Manager is a separate process that actually drives your plotter. Many people confuse the two but knowing the proper nomenclature is at lease half of all wisdom.

captainron19

bob said:
See if you don't have some value other than 0 in the vertical position field on the General tab in the Cut/Plot dialog. That would be the dialog that you appear to have confused with the Production Manager.
quote]

Noipe, both the vertical and horizontal are both set at zero. I wonder if it is something with my cutter itself. Another problem I encounter with my cutter is that I have to mirror my text in order to print correctly. The preview shows it just fine but if I send to my cutter like that the letters are all reversed so I have to mirror any image/text before sending to cutter

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If all is correct in th Flexi then it sure sounds like it's the plotter. You might want to take a tour through the plotter's settings and see just what is what. I've never seen your flavor of plotter but most every one has settings for this and that. Some of the settings can be pretty obscure and still have all sorts of interesting effects.