• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VinylMaster Software question?

Moonalisa99

We are like a large majority of sign businesses, self taught and learn from the wisdom of our peers. We have been in the business since 1994, so always looking to get better, learn something new. We don't know it all and don't mind constructive criticism. Over the years a lot of trial and error and I appreciate any advice my contemporaries would like to share. We are having a terrible time figuring out why the CMYK colors I assign to designs revert back to RGB when I attach to send to have printed by a large scale wholesale vendor. I use VinylMaster software. I export to .pdf, what step/steps am I leaving out? Should I not convert to .pdf? Any advice, other than ditching VinylMaster, would be greatly appreciated. Thank those in advance for any help you can provide. :)

Last edited:
I don't use PDF but I do use PNG with VinylMaster and it seems to work amazing. PNG is scalable and when I print, nothing reverts on it so I'm not sure why your PDF images are. Maybe try PNG and see if it works for you?

We are like a large majority of sign businesses, self taught and learn from the wisdom of our peers. We have been in the business since 1994, so always looking to get better, learn something new. We don't know it all and don't mind constructive criticism. Over the years a lot of trial and error and I appreciate any advice my contemporaries would like to share. We are having a terrible time figuring out why the CMYK colors I assign to designs revert back to RGB when I attach to send to have printed by a large scale wholesale vendor. I use VinylMaster software. I export to .pdf, what step/steps am I leaving out? Should I not convert to .pdf? Any advice, other than ditching VinylMaster, would be greatly appreciated. Thank those in advance for any help you can provide. :)
What if you open your own PDF again in vinylmaster? does it open in RGB mode? if so you need to set up document color mode when you start a new design or before saving your file, PDF can take both CMYK and RGB, more than that PDF can take BOTH at the same time (cmyk elements+rgb elements as well) so PDF is definitely the way to go, you should look at your document setting in VM

You're funny :roflmao:
Nope, just new to the printing aspect. I normally do websites and design stuff - I've always put everything in PNG because it's always been the best when scaling and using it on sites and stuff. I cut from VM after designing in PS and dropping it in via PNG. Can I ask what the pro is for using PDF? (Curious and 1000% wanting to learn).

beibzonsigns

Hi! I'm currently trying to figure this exact thing out. Have you worked out a solution?