• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinylmastpro 3

Deaton Design

I upgraded to the newest version of Vinylmaster, and Im having a problem.
When I use the outline feature, unlike the old version, it places an outline around the letters, instead of behind them, so actually the outline is punched out in the middle instead of being solid. Anyone here get the new version?

David Wright

I have the Ltr version John so I don't know how the other versions do it. Mine might be a workaround especially since I am used to Signlab.

I outline the letters and when I don't want an offset for the outline reduce the inset to 0%. Then convert to curves, break apart and finally ungroup. Solid shape for the outline. Way too many steps I think but mine being a lite version it's the only way I know.

Deaton Design

Thanks David. Thats what Ive been doing, but I agree, its too many steps.
My old version did this the right way. Im sure Im missing something somewhere. I put in a email to the techs. Ill post when I find out.

OldPaint

i got the demo, and it sure looks a lot like corel. so my knowing corel and how it does this is:
in corel there is a 2nd ary box you can select INSIDE or OUTSIDE outline. and ill bet the new
vinylmaster has this same option. just need to find it. quick look around and i went to EFFECTS, open drop down, INLINE/OUTLINE then opens box so you can select:
inline
outline
multi inline
multi out line

Deaton Design

Thats the way it works Joe. The thing I was missing, was that when you take the inline to 0.00, you have to hit enter to make the outline solid. Im really liking this new version. Ive been using vinylmaster for years, but the new version is sweet.