• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1204 Doesnt Power up

tint_zone

I Put on my machine today and when i pressed the power button the light blinked for like a split second with a click sound and thats all im getting, no fans nothing, machine goes back dead, i opened the back to see the boards, and when i press the power i see some of the boards leds are on at the back but still no power to power up the machine. Any Help Appreciated.

A service manual for this would be nice if anyone has to share

401Graphics

fuses? relays? something shorting out? something disconnected? could be anything. time to play process of elimination

tint_zone

did that, nothing, same problem, before i buy a board i wanna make sure i know if its the right one, i live in south america and we dont sell it here and therefore we dont get refunds on imports

CRD

remove the power cable from the machine and switch the machine on for 20 minutes.
this way you drain all capacitors on the pcb's in the machine.

OlsonSigns601

I've had to do that with mine at least 5 times since we got it about 4 years ago.

Scariest 20 minutes or the shop but generally seems to work.

Good luck.

tint_zone

i took out the power board and removed the 24volt and the 42 volt capacitors and put them back, i pulled the memory then powered up, i got flashing lights on the display, i used a pencil eraser cleaned the memory pins then like magic it powered up :)

just hope i dont have to do it again...

CRD

Thanks for sharing your result and method.
For others there is no need to remove the capacitors.
Just switch ON the machine with the power cable removed.
This would act as if the machine would start to work but cant get enough power so automaticly all capacitors will be drained to zero.
20 minutes is just a guide line it might work after 1 minute too.