• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1204 DX-5 head recovery

jbennett

I have a lot of missing nozzles on my black. Have recently replaced maintenance station and dampers and performed lengthy head soaks. Printer prints awesome in quality 4, but just leaves streaks in black in my preferred graphics 2 modes due to the missing nozzles coupled with high speed I assume (with any profile that is graphics 2). I have seen videos of head recovery systems. Is there trustworthy, reputable places that offer this service? What is best head option? Dont want to go to Ebay and buy one that is actually not meant for Eco-Sol inks, but like most folks, I need to get out as cost effective as possible. All help is appreciated.

Jbennett

Robert M

That head

Take the dampers off and gently push some Mutoh cleaning solution through each of the 8 channels. You will need a syringe and some solvent tube to do this. I would also take a look at the bottom of the head and make sure it is not damaged. I have looked at the ebay heads and I don't see any that will work on a Value jet

Stealth Ryder

If you just replaced the MS and the nozzles have not recovered I would check the position of the MS... If the the Head is Capping properly and the nozzzles are not too far gone they should come back quickly... Proper Capping (Air Tight Seal) is the most important thing...

alfred

My 1614 use DX5 epson print head. I take it our i push flush with syrige to all chanels, when it was completely clean i left the head for 24 hours insite the flush in a small cup, the next day i push again with syringe flush insite and then magic... it works again without missing nozzles.But you need to be cently with all.Good luck if you do it like me.
I bought i printhead from ebay and it works for 3 days so i bought an epson and i will never try to buy a cheap print head from ebay again.

otctech

We use a small $30 ultrasonic cleaner on our dx4 heads. We just used a bar that we sit on top of the ultrasonic cleaner then use zip ties so the bottom of the head is barely submerged in cleaning fluid. Just make sure the head never touches the sides or bottom. Sometimes it works and sometimes you just have to get a new head. Good luck!

jbennett

We use a small $30 ultrasonic cleaner on our dx4 heads. We just used a bar that we sit on top of the ultrasonic cleaner then use zip ties so the bottom of the head is barely submerged in cleaning fluid. Just make sure the head never touches the sides or bottom. Sometimes it works and sometimes you just have to get a new head. Good luck!

This sounds interesting. Do you have pics or more info? I am just not keen on pushing fluid through the head. Anyone else ever tried this? As long as the head doesnt physically touch anything but the cleaning fluid, is there potential for it to damage the head? Also, if I have to buy a new head, what is the best source? I'm tempted to just keep printing in low gear for now and sacrifice the extra time it takes.

Thanks,

jbennett

otctech

I don't have any pics. I can tell you that the $2500 print head doctor is just an ultrasonic cleaner that also pumps fluid through the head that the same time. I have used a syringe to push fluid through the heads and it does help sometimes. As far as "can it damage the head?" probably these heads are very delicate (at least the dx4 is), but there comes a point when you have nothing to loose because your going to have to buy a new head anyways. It's not a 100% chance it will fix the problem but it has for me in the past.

jhanson

I've found that it's generally easier to pull cleaner through the heads rather than pushing. Less chance of breaking the delicate gasket seal inside the head manifold, and it also does a better job of cleaning the filter screens inside the manifold out.

Having said that, there are heads that are just too clogged to clean no matter what you try.