• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-628 IP Address Issues

ReginaK

I have had problems since day one with this printer.
Every other time I have to power it off for a length of time, it moves IP addresses. I have the new IP address inputted, but it still gives me Communication Err. 1. It is plugged in, cables still in the same place they have always been, and on. I fixed it one time on my own, but now I don't remember what I did. o_O Can anyone help me and my poor brain get this thing running again?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mutohs have always had issues with the IP address resetting for whatever reason. Try using the default IP address so that if it does reset it will always be the same. 192.168.1.253.

ReginaK

I have been trying the re-registration with the 192.168.1.253 and 192.168.2.253(the one it was set at) and it still will not go past the com error.
upload_2020-7-20_11-42-39.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In that case, your computer's IP needs to change to match the first 3 sets of numbers but the last one should be different. I am assuming that your computer's IP is something like 192.168.2.250. You need to change that 2 to a 1. Are you setup through a router or directly to the printer?

ReginaK

In that case, your computer's IP needs to change to match the first 3 sets of numbers but the last one should be different. I am assuming that your computer's IP is something like 192.168.2.250. You need to change that 2 to a 1. Are you setup through a router or directly to the printer?

The printer is hooked up direct. When we first did it, it did not like being through a router or firewalled..lol