• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1204 Ink issue

RG

The last MS that I put on my 1204 did the same thing. It was just tight, and not in a good way. So, when I turned the printer on and when I started a print, I stood at the right side of the printer and gently pushed (helped) the carriage back on the MS whenever it tried to go there. After a couple of months, it loosened up and the problem went away. You might also try putting a small amount of lithium grease on the 4 contact points (rails) of the fixture that holds the cap top. This fixture moves back and forth when the carriage moves on and off the MS.

Kelsey Adams

Finally figured something out. Do I keep doing cleanings to hopefully get cyan and black to work?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 227

Curt Bullick

did you ever get your machine working properly? we are having the same issues with ours now. we have replaced the print head ,MS and bladders and still no ink. just wondering what you finally did to get it up and running.

Kelsey Adams

Yes I did. I replaced the dampers, pulled ink through the drain tubes and has worked perfect ever since. When I replaced the maintenance station, I did have to put the old black plastic thing on that the cap top sits in. That was the issue with the error code and head getting jammed. The head wasn’t moving smoothly when going on top of the cap top.

Gabriel Conti

Recently purchased a VJ1204. Pulled ink through the lines with syringes, but the ink seeps back up. I can remove the dampers and pull ink into them, but it does the same thing, goes back. Where else can I pull ink into? I try cleanings and nozzle checks and get absolutely nothing. I have purchased new dampers, cap top, cleaning solvent and wiper assembly. When I got it home, I followed the manual and installed ink cartridges, did a charge. Each color has two lines and where it splits into two lines there are black little caps. Could this be causing an issue.
Check the line that pulls the ink from the capping station to the waist tank while make cleanings and full up. Sometimes that line is clogged.