• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1304 - Ink Carts stuck??!!!

Circleville Signs

Well, some of you know about the problems I was having with my printer a couple of weeks ago. Got back from vacation and got it up and running. Been printing great.

HOWEVER - my Y and K cartridges are stuck in the printer?!?!?! There was some ink drainage when I originally started having my problems, and it drained back out through the cartridge slots. I cleaned it up as best I could - no big deal i thought. Well, now my Y and K cartridges WILL NOT come out of the printer. I have tried using a syringe to spread some cleaning fluid around under the cartridge and even taken the right cover off and put some down under the front of the cartridge underneath the ink-line nozzle. They still won't budge.

Any ideas?

Circleville Signs

OK - just to fill anyone who may be curious in - I got the carts out....Here was the situation.

At the front of the cart slot where the ink line comes out, at the bottom where the base of your cart sits, there is a 1"x1" foam pad. Not real sure why it's there, but it is. When the ink drained back to my carts from my previous problems, it reacted with the ADHESIVE that held those foam pads in place. This created some type of Frankenstein acid that quite literally melted the bottom of my carts, fusing them to the surface of the cart slot.

Whomever engineered these machines was some kind of idiot - the Chinese machines are looking better and better to me.

ProWraps

i can tell you we ran a LOT of mutohs over the years. after running the hps, which also have their problems, the mutohs are a joke.

like mike from merritt says, they really are toys.