• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vm free

signspe

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I'm running 8.6.1. When I go to Production Manager, at the bottom of the page is VM Free with a set of red bars going from 0 to 2G. As my artwork loads the bars increase, I till it up to 2G, and a not pops up saying its out of memory. What can I do?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Close all your programs down, then go through these steps:

• Open System by clicking the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Start[/FONT] button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , right-clicking [FONT=WOL_Bold]Computer[/FONT], and then clicking [FONT=WOL_Bold]Properties[/FONT].
  • In the left pane, click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Advanced system settings[/FONT].
    18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48.jpg
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  • On the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Advanced[/FONT] tab, under [FONT=WOL_Bold]Performance[/FONT], click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Settings[/FONT].
  • Click the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Advanced[/FONT] tab, and then, under [FONT=WOL_Bold]Virtual memory[/FONT], click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Change[/FONT].
  • Clear the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Automatically manage paging file size for all drives[/FONT] check box.
  • Under [FONT=WOL_Bold]Drive [Volume Label][/FONT], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
  • Click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Custom size[/FONT], type a new size in megabytes in the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Initial size (MB)[/FONT] or [FONT=WOL_Bold]Maximum size (MB)[/FONT] box, click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Set[/FONT], and then click [FONT=WOL_Bold]OK[/FONT].

This is from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7

If you're running something other than Win7, search for it- though the steps won't be that much different.