• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Voids in cut lines with VersaWorks

mikeymoo22

This is totally bizarre! (Running a Roland SP300V) I have tried several files - some old & some brand new.
I am using Illustrator CS2 and assign the color for versaworks - done it a million times with no issues.
Today, every job I tried to print/cut, there was a void in the moving dashed line in versaworks. The cut stops and starts at the void.
Some designs have not been changed since they were created months ago and yet, those designs have the void in it too. Some slight - some right across the edge of the whole design. I thought it was versaworks so I uninstalled and re-installed the older versaworks. Same issue. Tried it on a different PC running the latest versaworks. Same issue. I'm at a loss and I have a ton of work just sitting there now. I do have a call into my supplier but I'm sure they'll just get to me as they go through the rest of the other customers' technical issues.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin-shopVOX

i've found a fix for this...take a white box or color of your choice slightly bigger than your design and put it behind your design, making sure the cut path falls inside the box...export the file again including the new box...you shouldn't have any issues where it cuts 3 out of 4 sides of the file. Hope this helps

Mason

If they are random, check your blade holder. If they are consistent , ie: in the same spot on multiple copies of the same graphic then you may need to bump your stroke weight up a point, if you are using less than a 1pt stroke in Illustrator you will experience this problem with VW.

SE SignSupply

You need to set the EPS margin @.10 in versaworks, this will solve the clipping problem.

Ryan

i've found a fix for this...take a white box or color of your choice slightly bigger than your design and put it behind your design, making sure the cut path falls inside the box...export the file again including the new box...you shouldn't have any issues where it cuts 3 out of 4 sides of the file. Hope this helps

ZsVinylInc

If they are random, check your blade holder. If they are consistent , ie: in the same spot on multiple copies of the same graphic then you may need to bump your stroke weight up a point, if you are using less than a 1pt stroke in Illustrator you will experience this problem with VW.

I always us 0.25 Point stroke in Illustrator and have never had this problem in VW

mikeymoo22

MainelySigns is the winner!
Not that I like that option but I'll just reduce the spacing to make up for the extra in the design.
Changing cut line point size did not work, nor did adjusting Document Setup to be larger than the design. (My supplier's suggestion).
Thanks for everyone's help - now I get to go back to work!

Tharnpheffa

Me too. I always put a clear box slightly larger than the stuff I'm contour cutting and stuff I'm printing- have had that issue on and off from the beginning with Versaworks.

joeshaul

Attached a photo showing how I set my default EPS Margin.

Attachments

• eps margin.jpg
    eps margin.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 81
Set your defaults in EDIT/Que A and or B, check ok to the settings you wish to have as defaults. When you bring in new jobs the defaults will be set...of course you can still change as you wish once the job is loaded