• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VOIP Phone System

Centro Graphics

Hello All.

We are thinking of moving over to a voip phone system for varying reasons. Anyone use a system they could recommend?

Plus we would like the added ability to add a virtual phone #.

Thanks

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Voipo.com, been using them for about 8 years, once in a while there are issues, but they get fixed.

bannertime

We've brought this in house by using a system called 3CX. We use a Google Cloud hosted system with IP phones by GrandStream and Yealink. It was a bit of a learning curve, but we're paying less than $150 month for 4 phone lines (DIDs). With Spectrum we were paying around $200ish. With At&T we were at about $400-$800. It's highly recommended to get 3CX through a reseller, but I love DIY. You can also run the PBX off a raspberryPI. Pretty cool stuff. It's got some great features.

Now, if you really like this stuff you can go FreePBX and do everything yourself off your own server or cloud install and it'll be even cheaper. We use CallCentric for our DID.

jdale

I actually own an ISP as well and we are a 3CX re-seller. I highly recommend it. Like Bannertime said you can host it on the cloud for cheap or run it in house with a Pi. Both options are pretty solid.
Grandstream phones here as well for pretty much everything. We have hot desking as well so that sales reps can be at home, on their cell or at the office and can login to any phone in the shop and have their calls routed there.

VOIP should have no delay like the previous person mentioned. Something isn't setup properly. If I had a 1.5 second delay i'd be pissed too. LOL

bannertime

I actually own an ISP as well and we are a 3CX re-seller. I highly recommend it. Like Bannertime said you can host it on the cloud for cheap or run it in house with a Pi. Both options are pretty solid.
Grandstream phones here as well for pretty much everything. We have hot desking as well so that sales reps can be at home, on their cell or at the office and can login to any phone in the shop and have their calls routed there.

VOIP should have no delay like the previous person mentioned. Something isn't setup properly. If I had a 1.5 second delay i'd be pissed too. LOL

Yup, been using the android app Beta and it's pretty great.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
We're between a small town and the boonies and we use the VOIP from our ISP, and we couldn't be more pleased. The ability to have mobile access to our office system (call logs, messages, forwarding, etc...) has been a valued service we've come to appreciate since switching. Excellent reliability, crystal-clear calls and great internet service have certainly been a huge step up from our copper line phone service and DSL.

Phone + Wireless broadband runs a fuzz under $90 a month.

Btw....free calls to Canada. I'm still waiting for a good excuse to use it but I don't know anybody there, or have any vendors or customers up that way.

JB

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Perhaps it's our actual handsets, because even in the office intercoms, there is a delay. You can hear someone double speak through the speakerphone and down the hall...

That's most likely due to the differential in sound traveling through air versus copper wires.

JB

Evan Gillette

A friend of mine has a small VOIP service and can set you up with whatever you need (or get you pricing). PM me if interested. I also picked up a lot of Polycom vvx500 Phones off a local auction and have a bunch of extras, would be willing to sell some cheap to any of you guys if interested. They are pretty cool, color touchscreen and all kinds of configurable features.

TheSnowman

I've been with Vonage for like 12 years now. It's served me well. I'm a one man shop, but it can ring my cell and the shop at the same time, and whichever phone I pick up gets the call, or forward it to 5 numbers at once, or how I do it now is I just have my voicemail tell people to email me, and most of the time I get an email, but when they don't and they leave a message, the message shows up in my email a minute later. It's pretty slick. I think I pay like $12/month.

asd

I've had vonage for about 8 years now, ever since I found out that if we move our shop some where else, we could not take our number with us. so we have vonage take the number away from the phone company and now no matter where I go my phone is always the same. and the service is cheap, phone line plus fax is around $60.00 never had any issues with delays

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We use vonage and are pretty happy with it. If you want integrations, you should check out ring central. They seem to have the most integrations with CRMs and such. Pretty nice to have a customer's basic information and previous job pop up on your screen when they call!