• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-300I Service Mode Protected

SignCraze

Hello, hoping someone can advise me on how to gain access to the service menu on a VP-300I. When attempting to hold left, down, and right while pressing sub power on the display reads service mode protected? I can't seem to find much of anything regarding this for this particular VersaCamm. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Alpha Star

If this printer predates the great lockout, and I think it does, you probably just need the sequence right. Try tapping down, then right, then left, then start holding down in this order: right, down, left, power.

SignCraze

Thanks for your reply. I'll try that. However that is not what the service manual describes. Well see what happens.
Image 5-19-21 at 9.35 PM.jpg

Jim Hill

It might help you to have someone just watching for the service mode to flash because it happens very fast.

The first time I ever tried to enter the service mode I also had a hard time, and then I asked my son just to watch the screen while I pressed all the buttons and remember you only have about 5 seconds, so one person pushes the buttons and once again I thought I had not done it fast enough when my son said it did show service mode in the screen!

Jim Hill

SignCraze

I was able to get it figured out, incase anyone else ever has this issue and stumbles upon this. you have to press DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN, LEFT & then press and hold left down and right and push the sub power. Appears to be some kind of additional layer to prevent average joe from gaining access to service mode. I'm sure it can be disabled some how or other as the service manual does not speak to these steps what so ever.