• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vp-540 ink

signrios

quick question, i'm cleaning my vp before heading on vacation,(leaving monday) i'm done cleaning it and did a test print when the out of ink message came out, looks like i'm out of magneta!! and don't have any around.
i checked the display panel and it shows 1 line.

my question is will it hurt the machine not having a full ink cartridge when doing the periodic self-cleanings?
i've some cleaning liquid cartridges, will it do more damage than good if i insert one into the magneta slot?

thanks

CS-SignSupply

Based on other brand experiences, I would recommend inserting the Cleaning cart so the line has no air in it to possibly dry up at all.

Cleaning fluid will not damage anything.

Just a suggestion.

signrios

Based on other brand experiences, I would recommend inserting the Cleaning cart so the line has no air in it to possibly dry up at all.

Cleaning fluid will not damage anything.

Just a suggestion.
so i would just insert the cleaning fluid and then replace it with a new one once i get it?
any flushing has to be performed afterwards?
thanks

CS-SignSupply

I would recommend inserting cleaning cart and letting it go.

Once you get back, replace the cleaning cart with new ink cart and run a few cleans to pull the cleaning fluid out.

Will waste a bit of ink but may be the safer approach

signrios

thanks cibersupply,
i think this is what i'm gonna do.
i guess after getting new ink i can buy a serenge and bleed just the magneta line, is this possible?