• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 out of ink

rghare

I just finished a job on my vp-540. About 3 minutes later the machine the machine is at rest and it started beeping that it is out of yellow ink. MY BAD. I thought I was going to run out of black, and I have a spare cartridge of that. How long can it sit in this state? It's almost 8pm and the earliest I can possibly get a yellow cart is in the morning.

Thanks for any input.
Randy Hare

petepaz

do you have a cleaning cartridge you can put in there just to keep the lines from drying up or clogging. not sure exactly how long it can go but i had that happen once and my dealer told me to put the cleaning cart in till he could get me the ink the next day

PC Signs

Just turn the power off overnight (so you don't have to listen to that annoying beep), it will be fine with the head capped off.

grafixemporium

Pull the yellow cartridge and shake it down to push all excess ink toward the nozzle end. Put it back in. Beeping should stop and there should be enough ink in there to run any auto cleaning cycles it may run overnight. The first time your printer alerts you a cartridge is empty... its not.

Gabriel

The first time your printer alerts you a cartridge is empty... its not.
Very true :). If you replace that at the very first beep, you lose 25-40 ml ok ink/cartridge. Even so, there is a lot of wasted ink in the "empty" cartridges.

Just turn off the printer. It's going to be ok until tomorrow morning. If the printer it's in the capping position, it will be fine.

petepaz

Pull the yellow cartridge and shake it down to push all excess ink toward the nozzle end. Put it back in. Beeping should stop and there should be enough ink in there to run any auto cleaning cycles it may run overnight. The first time your printer alerts you a cartridge is empty... its not.

that sucks ......good to know