• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP 540 question

peavey123

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has seen prints coming out of the machine with what seems like one pass matte one pass gloss that continues throughout the print. This happened to me on gloss paper at first, but now it is happening on our vinyl. I hope this makes sense..lol

thanks,
Aaron

peavey123

Head test print? I have done the standard test print to correct banding and bi-directional test print but not sure what you mean by head test print?

peavey123

btw. If it helps anyone. The problem does not occur when printing on uni-directional setting. Just bi-directional.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I meant the cleaning test to see if there are any dropouts.

Function--->Cleaning--->Test Print

peavey123

I am printing on oracal 3651 gloss vinyl.

I just ran another detailed bi-directional test print, and the problem still occurs.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I have my print heater at 37 and my dryer at 40 for 3651 on bi-directional.

I bump it just a little on the dryer if I have heavy coverage.

peavey123

Ya, that is pretty close to the same heat settings we used on our last machine which was the SP 540V. I thought it was wierd that the heater would be so much higher on this machine for the same material. Thanks Big Dawg. I will this try again.

peavey123

ok, well there was no change at all. This is very wierd..I did have this problem on gloss paper but never on 3651...

Bigdawg

Just Me
Since I've never had this problem, I can't help much further... I was sooo hoping it was those heater settings.

Sublimefly

Its sounds like thats the not only material its happening on. What ripping software are you using? I get horrible horrible results every print everytime from printing in flexi. If its being printed out of versaworks have you tried setting it to print with pass? Also try another ICC profile. My generic vinyl profiles are worse then printing from flexi.... and my last question have you by any chance used not roland ink. At my old shop my boss would by substandard ink because a vender said it was ok and he saved a huge 7 cents per cartridge.... long story short he had to replace half the heads in the printer

peavey123

Well I've sent some samples off to the dealer who sold us our printer. I hope they have answers. WHen I called them about the problem occuring on gloss paper they said its because we didn't buy the paper from them. lol but we bought the 3651 from them..so should be interesting.

I am using versaworks with most recent update. Using ICC profiles for 3651 and using eco-sol max inks. Nothin fishy going on here except the prints. hehe

Sublimefly

Sorry to hear that. Well keep us posted hopefully its nothing too troublesome and your supplier can take care of it.

Blizare

Clean the strip that runs along with the heads with some isoprophyl alcohol swabs.

Enviro scan

Test print

See what happens