• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540 Intermittent Network Failures

Linville

Getting started with a used vp540, I am having intermittent network drops mid print. Heat seems to temporarily fix it and from what I can find seems this is a sign of the main board failing. Does anyone have any advice to diy it or is a board replacement the only option? If replacement is the only option is there any cheaper alternatives than the 2k boards I have been finding? Any used ones floating around?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check your computer's power saving settings first. A lot of the time when a network drops out mid print, the computer goes to sleep or the network/disk are set to turn off after a certain amount of time.

netsol

go to settings>power management> sleep NEVER

then go to device manager > ethernet or wireless (whichever you use) properties>power management tab> uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
microsoft changes this with almost every windows update.

the simpletons at microsoft don't understand that we might be printing on a $300 substrate, not a 2 cent sheet of paper when the device shuts down

It's a bad main board where the ethernet connects. You can try and put a shop light under the the printer, on the right hand side (main board is located behind the keypad) to heat up the main board. This works sometimes. Other than that, only option is to replace the board. It is a common problem on the VPs