• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540 sudden deflections on cyan head

backwoodsgirl

Can anyone tell me whats happening here? My cyan head did this after the holiday weekend (no printing for 3 days). It's never happened before. There was definitely not a head strike yet the test print is filled with deflections.
I've done a..... normal cleaning.... medium cleaning... manual cleaning.... soaked head in cleaning solution for 2 hours, anything else I should be doing? Other than panicking :)
Edit: Machine is a VP540

Attachments

• IMG_2699.jpg
    IMG_2699.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 296

player

The most common and easiest fix is the captop. If it is not keeping the head sealed the head can dry and then the pump loses suction.

How old are the captops?
Are they Roland OEM or cheapies? (is the hose black?)

backwoodsgirl

If I recall, I replaced the captops a year ago.... it makes sense... but I still need to get that head cleared up. I've got a bunch of them on hand, they have clear tubes.

backwoodsgirl

Update.....
I've replaced the captop, pulled ink through with syringe, let the head soak overnight a few times, done multiple cleanings including manually pressing cleaning fluid onto the head gently, and the test print looks exactly the same. Anything else I can try?? This is just bizarre to me..I've never had so much trouble clearing up an imperfect head.

GTSTech_1

You have done all there is to do when trying to recover deflecting nozzles.......Try the soaking over the weekend, if no improvement on Monday, then the fix will be a new head. Would also replace the dampers at the same time.

Just my .02

player

You could try the limit position initialize and flushing adjustments to ensure the heads are lining up with the caps.

backwoodsgirl

In case anyone is concerned :rolleyes: while waiting on a new head I gave the current one a good ass whooping and got it 90% clear! I'm confident if I keep working on it I will get it nearly 100%. Lesson learned, use quality cap tops!!