• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS-300 Cyan Ink Stops

aCiD99

Hi All,

I have a VS-300, put a new head in it a couple months ago and it has been absolutely amazing, not a single issue. Until now, after printing a job, the FOLLOWING job there is no Cyan whatsoever.

If you then do a nozzle test pattern, there is simply no cyan printing at all. Until doing a few medium cleans or a powerful clean, cyan does not return. Then your next job is all good for cyan.

Printer is configured CMYKcm-white-metallic.

The cyan cartridge is 85% full, I have pulled the ink lines of the damper and the cyan flows with voracity. If I pull the dampers off it does appear the cyan damper output is lacking.

I removed the cyan/white damper and flushed it several times with cleaning solution and it flowed well. However it only flows when I depress the lateral piece that moves in and out on the cyan side, if that was released there was no flow. I'm not sure if that is normal operation for an ink damper.

I'm at a loss, to me it seems like a bad damper, I just don't have one to swap out right now so while waiting on that I'm wondering if it could be anything else. I have lots of jobs that need to get done :)

Thanks for any ideas!

-brad