• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS 300i print cut misalignment with crop marks.

Printer101

I'm needed to print and cut some stickers. For some reason cut line is way off from where I want it to be.
I watched some videos , and calibrated "cut with crop marks" via printer menu. But it didn't make any difference. I pretty much only print wall decals. I don't have any issue with regular cutting or I never noticed. I haven't done any stickers, and cutting with cropmarks in months. I think I set up vinyl right way and VW media settings I have checked " center on the media ". I did cut them in batches of 100 stickers. So I dont think vinyl moved. Every single batch came out like this.
Last time I did stickers, I didn't have this issue.
Any idea why is it happening, and how can I fix it.

1000021240.jpg
1000021239.jpg

damonCA21

Clean your encoder strip as a first step. After doing this, set up the print / cut alignment and see if it improves. The crop marks in the menu won't make any difference as at the moment the cutting head thinks it is in a different position from where it actually is

SigSignsMT

Don't take the media out, and observe what happens when you do a print & cut before you pull it out and laminate. Does it cut better?

Something tells me it might be how the media is getting loaded back in after you laminate it. Those older VS models are very picky; you need to line that media up super straight or it'll drift when cutting.

Printer101

I
Clean your encoder strip as a first step. After doing this, set up the print / cut alignment and see if it improves. The crop marks in the menu won't make any difference as at the moment the cutting head thinks it is in a different position from where it actually is
Thank you . I clean the encoder strip. It looked to me like it wasn't too dirty. But hopefully it helps.