• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS-540 Print and cut issues.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
We have possessed our machine for eleven months now.
Printing is great and they look very nice.

We have a constant problem with cutting 3M IJ the next day after laminating. It is a cross your fingers and toes affair.

Example five individual runs of the same file of 200 pieces of a 2'' logo with a print and cut then perf cut. We leave on it one single roll. We allow for the minimum material amount on front and back of the dots even if they are single pieces. Run one and three have no problem whatsoever. Run two an five eventually find the marks. Run four... forget it.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Many other jobs have issues but the one above had me absolutely furious.
Ask me about today............

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
I don't feel it appropriate to throw firebombs and run. As such I feel I should update this post.

The attention from our suppliers at Graphic Solutions Group has been first rate. The couple of emails from Andrew at Roland were/are appreciated.

John D. at GSG made several more visits in early Dec. I don't know the exact solution that was applied.

We have had approximately 30 days with ZERO issues. :rock-n-roll:

Custom_Grafx

I have the same series and also had a bit of trouble here and there... nothing major, just a bit of misregistration... if you're picky, not good enough, although I have never had any trouble with finding cropmarks.

One thing which may have helped us, was cleaning the grit rollers with a toothbrush - I didn't even notice, but somehow they had become a little dirty, and it's no surprise the cutting would have been affected.

There are also some very good calibration settings which you should go through in your cutting menu if not already done so.

Probably an idea to re-run those calibs every few months as well.

I'm also really happy with the service and response time I get from both Roland and my dealer.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Thanks for the thoughts, Custom.
The problem was the inability to find the crop marks.

Seems good now.