• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vs-540 Roland Keeps coming up with Wrong head installed

Mr.Bundy

I have changed Head to DX7 Roland OEM. Changed cables . Checked Fuses all good , Checked transistors all good . Changed Print Carriage Board. Still keeps says same thing . Reinstalled old head and says same thing any help would be Great. I am running 5.30 Firmware. I just Rolant E-Max Sl3 ink. I am not sure where to go from hear.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check your head cables. The VS-540 model is one of the only DX7 head machines that has a special head cable. 3 of them are standard and 1 of them is reversed. You can't just flip a standard one around on one end either because the pins will still be reversed. Most errors like these are due to the cables either being not plugged in perfectly straight or plugged in the wrong order. Also, here's a picture of the cable order just in case you need to verify.

1716583876435.png

Mr.Bundy

Thanks I have changed print head cables and put them in the order like the top and checked print head fuses all are good. Make sure 3 is reversed. still keeps coming up with wrong head . I Ordered a new head and wired it up and still comes up with wrong head installed . Is there anything elts other then the main board.

damonCA21

You probably have the cables in the wrong order. The one head cable isn't just reversed, it has a different number of pins. Count the pins on your cables. Three should have 29 pins and one should have 28 pins. They need to be put in the correct places