• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS-640 custom profiling

adamfilip

I am trying to make a custom vinyl profile for my VS640 so that it more closely matches my VP540
when you go to make a new media in versa works there are many options as starting template. Can someone recommend one that would be the closest to the media profiles used for the VP-540

I have a X-Rite i1 Publish Pro UV Cut Spectro and I'm trying to make profiles for the VP-540 and VS-640 on 3M IJ35C-10 media.. I want to get the two printer to print similar colors when needed.
currently the VS640 prints great. but its color are much more saturated then the VP-540 (even tho both are only using CMYK inks and the same inks)

VP540 has these options

[RIPC] Generic Vinyl template
[RIPC] Generic Banner Template
[RIPC] Generic Banner 2 Template
Generic Vinyl Template
Generic Banner Template
Generic Heavy Banner Template

VS640 has these options

Generic Vinyl Template
Generic Vinyl B template
Generic Vinyl Dry Template
Generic Vinyl Dry B Template
Generic Vinyl Dry 2 Template
Generic Banner Template
Generic Banner Dry Template

Both printers have the Generic Vinyl template option
but is that one the best to choose when starting out to match them?

Also I am having a difficult time decided what the ink limit should be
3M recommends a max of 250% on the media
when I do total ink limit.. Im having trouble knowing what I'm suppose to be looking for,
many swatches look black and have a lot of ink. none are running but some smear.
how do I know what ink limit to use.