• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vs-640 metallic overspray

Fantazia

Hi all,

In the last two months or so my VS-640 has started giving metallic ink overspray (ink mist)
only in the direction of printing so only one side when printing uni-direction and both sides when printing bi-direction.
If I send a job in the highest quality there is most splatter and less at all at the fastest quality.

The printer is two years old, not in heavy use - I print most of times in high resolution (mostly print & cut stickers)
Everything is absolute clean (manual head and wiper clean every week, cleaning fluid on captop every weekend)
Captop is replaced, but no big difference.
Of course, I don't print metallic very often, last days I did this on purpose to make it flow.

Any ideas how to resolve this would be highly appreciated.
(Test print and sample prints very soon.)

Thank you.

Ragnabrok

pictures would help when you can. A choke clean could help, it burns a decent amount of ink, but can solve certain problems.

Fantazia

Test Print and Metallic Prit Patches

Here are some scanned pics of the problem.

First, some square patches printed in metallic silver (with various percentages like 100%, 70% etc)
attachment.php

Here is a close look at one patch at the left edge
attachment.php

A test print (The square on the left is not of the test print :)
attachment.php

At the end, a close look of the captop - there is a white or maybe metallic spray on the right
in the area I have marked - Don't know if this is normal - just a note about this.

Now you can have a complete look on the problem.

Thank you!

Attachments

• MetallicPrint1.jpg
    MetallicPrint1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 387
  • TestPrintZoom.jpg
    TestPrintZoom.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 316
  • TestPrint.jpg
    TestPrint.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 501

Fantazia

Also checked for static and humidity but nothing really changed in my print lab the last two months to cause this problem.
Spent the one third of metallic ink in printing to let the ink flow :) but no difference.

Any ideas anyone?

Ragnabrok

all the nozzles are firing, thats good, mostly the black and metallic aren't firing straight. Black, white and metallic tend to start deflecting sooner than other colours due to the ink density. Because all the nozzles are firing, the cap and dampers are probably ok. Something like a head soak and/or choke clean could loosen something thats causing deflection.

Worth a shot anyway.

Fantazia

Thank you, as for the head it is shiny and clear with no damage. I will try a head soak with a new captop overnight and I will post the results. For the time now, I left a new cleaning flud cartrige in the place of metallic to slowly clean the metallic channel. Perfect print is important to me because I print dedicated works like small stickers with very small text. White (most often) and metallic are used not very often, but I use them.

brainnew

over spray

Take a look to the part connection between damper and print head manifold, it might have leak because cracking. Its happen to my print head last month. I have replace new print head.