• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vs-640i will not find registration marks for cut after laminate

My roland 640-i will not locate the back registration marks. I have tried everything I have read, sand down lam over marks, shine flashlight over marks, clean head, Tried manually setting marks, I set them then hit send and it looks for them again, people say to hit pause and enter and it will start cutting but when I hit pause it does nothing keeps looking for marks until I get cropmark error. Please help I am going crazy.

bigblocktrader

make sure you're material is lined up as when you started the print,if its off a little you'll be outside the pick up area, also try to print a sample peice with crops then see if it finds them without laminate

amw

Longtime Members
If you haven't already tried, try using a black sharpie and carefully color the crop marks.

petepaz

Another trick i have had to do a couple of times is set up the the material then set a new base point to the first black reg dot and then it worked. Not sure why but worth a shot.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Another trick i have had to do a couple of times is set up the the material then set a new base point to the first black reg dot and then it worked. Not sure why but worth a shot.

That's how you always have to do it....you have to set the base point at the Black dot....otherwise it doesn't know where to start searching for the remaining 3 points.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
every time you do a print - laminations - cut:
always align up your material and pinch rolls as far as you can go to the left. ( away from the original position of the head)
I had problems several times that the machine couldn't find the very last black dot mark. That was because the material skewed and the head couldn't go to the right enough to see the last mark.
So don't max out the width on your pinchrollers. If you are going to print and cut a 42 inch material then bring your pinch rollers closer to each other. But always go to the left as much as you can! I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

feed the material and first do a sheet cut.
Print and then make sure that before you do a sheet cut to feed the material forward several inches (4" should be enough)

Does your machine can't even find any crop marks, not even the first one? Or does it find the first 3 and it won't find the 4th? ( head can't go to the right enough...)
You can also set up the crop marks manually. There are little > arrows next to the black dots. Align up the tip of the cut blade using the buttons and press function and then enter ( to set base point)
now find the next one on the left and hit function then hit right button and enter. it will show you base point 1.
the this to the rear left and rear right. you should see BASE POINT 123 on the screen. now turn off your crop marks (!!!) on the file in versaworks and just send it out to cut.

If you got stuck check out the manual how to do it. I might remember wrong