• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS Firmware

pete2803

Hi, is it possible to get hold of previous versions of firmware and downgrade my machine from 4.9?? i upgraded recently and seem to have lost an option in my initial set up menu which i now need! does anyone out there have a list of back up RFW files for the vs that they could send me at prw2803@btinternet.com you would be helping a desperate man out of trouble.
Many thanks

CS-SignSupply

4.9 is on the Roland Public Site under Support

Downgrading is not recommended due to the need to pull all parameters, upload old firmware, initialize parameters, upload saved parameters ... and so on and so... and did I say, this is not recommended?

What option has been taken away from you?

pete2803

Hi thanks for your reply i have lost the option to change ink type it was there before i upgraded the firmware as i carried out an ink type change from double cmyk to cmykwmt succesfully now im putting it back to cmyk and the options gone, any ideas?
Thanks

CS-SignSupply

That type of ink change requires a very detailed procedure that might be disabled for endusers due to the potential for head damage (in my opinion). It might be disabled even if you go back to 4.9, once you upload the parameters from the current setup.

Roland seriously discourages dealers from doing the ink change as well and they even ask us to report serial numbers on units we perform this (which we choose not to do).

If you contacted us about this, I would have made it extremely clear... You are making a permanent decision to move to CMYKcm+Wh+MT

pete2803

It was disabled on 4.8 i need to go further back than that, the machine was originally CMYKcmWMT and was then changed to CMYK and then changed back to CMYKcmWMT now id like to go back to CMYK the option was there before upgrade to 4.8 , i am able to save parameters (which i have done) and upload parameters, i think all i need is the older firmware versions, i'll take the risk of any damage if any one has these older than 4.8 RFW files and can let me have them.
Thanks again for the advice.