• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VS300 Printing issue

D3G

Hopefully someone can help me with a small problem we're having. We have a VS300 that has drop out problems on one or two colors. I've done all the recommended fixes; manually cleaning, machine cleaning, changed the wiper scrapper, changed the cap station, changed felt and rubber wipers and even did an "emergency head cleaning" (as Roland states in the manual) and still have the same problem. The print test hasn't changed a bit. I've attached a pic of the test print. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Attachments

• 20170109_132434.jpg
    20170109_132434.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 248

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You could change the dampers to rule that out as an issue. It's good to change them anyway if they are older than a year or two. It could be a pump but they rarely go out. Check to see if the pump is clogged by flushing it with cleaning solution. Sometimes it can be partially clogged so flushing it can be a good way to open it up more. After that, you can try soaking the head and multiple cleanings but it is possible that the head is just permanently clogged or the nozzles are damaged from a head strike and you need a new head.

Matt Lachance

Hopefully someone can help me with a small problem we're having. We have a VS300 that has drop out problems on one or two colors. I've done all the recommended fixes; manually cleaning, machine cleaning, changed the wiper scrapper, changed the cap station, changed felt and rubber wipers and even did an "emergency head cleaning" (as Roland states in the manual) and still have the same problem. The print test hasn't changed a bit. I've attached a pic of the test print. Does anyone have any advice for me?

We have a vs540 and run into this problem a lot. It is the head. Roland no longer uses this head as it is so problematic. Best thing to do is shut it down and let is sit. Apparently air builds up in the head and whole colors will drop out randomly. Cleaning it will only make it worse. Also try a head soak as well as this sometime helps. I chased this problem in november for a full week. Fortunately we have an XC540 and VP300 to fall back on.

Matt Lachance

Also one other thing. If the cap is not sealing properly this may also be the issue as it cannot draw out ink properly when cleaning. We just changed the cap in November and it solved the problem

ProPDF

With the bend in the nozzles you appear to have a head strike. If you can force cleaning solution through the top while looking at the bottom it will help. Matt is right, these heads are junk...some last longer than others but Roland is ditching this head setup.

D3G

Thanks for the replies. Is the replacement head an improved design or the same as what I have? Also (this might be a stupid question), when you say 'soak the head', are you talking about filling the cap with cleaning solution and letting it sit or pulling the head off and soaking it?

Matt Lachance

Thanks for the replies. Is the replacement head an improved design or the same as what I have? Also (this might be a stupid question), when you say 'soak the head', are you talking about filling the cap with cleaning solution and letting it sit or pulling the head off and soaking it?

Filling the cap with cleaning fluid.

Matt Lachance

One other thing that did help is there is a firmware upgrade that changes the cleaning procedure so there is less air build up. We did that too. Worked but did not solve the problem entirely.

D3G

Yeah, I upgraded the firmware and that didn't help. I have the service manual and I'm trying to run a history report but I can't get in, I get a message "Service Mode Protected". This little machine is no comparison to our old SP540V. That thing is a workhorse, it's slow but man is it dependable. I guess my only alternative is to pay a tech $285.00 to come out for an hour. Thanks for trying to help.