• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VSi Cyan stops printing. Damper/Cap Top replaced

IsItFasst

This one has me confused. 8 color machine with white and silver not being used (cleaning cartridges in those slots). Today the cyan didn't print. Pulling ink with syringe or head cleaning will get it going. But if I try and print just a solid 100% cyan bar it starts dropping out immediately and starts printing a very light yellow...almost looks like dust. And with a test print it is 100% gone. All other colors fire just fine. I figure the damper is bad so replaced it. Exact same thing with new damper. Well after I replaced the damper I notice the cap top is making a noise when it gets raised. Sounds like two pieces of rubber rubbing together (can hear it when the machine is on or when manually moving the head over the cap top. Didn't do this before but figure I'd replace it too. Still no change after replacing the cap top (and still makes this horrible noise). Two days ago I swapped out the cyan cartridge. I have been running this machine for over a year with all OEM ink but that cartridge was an off-brand called DI-SX (came in the machine when I got it from a refurbisher). Surely changing that cartridge isn't the issue? I am honestly not sure how that cartridge has lasted so long as I have replaced most of the others a time or two. Is there something on the head that could've cracked just for the cyan? Anyone have any other ideas?

Last edited:

vondegroot

Take off the cover and watch to see what is happening.... could be the capping station got loose, or has shifted? Maybe foreign debris...

IsItFasst

Left it for a few days while I was out of town and the squeak fixed itself. I manually pulled some more ink and seems to have fixed it so I guess there may have been a bubble in the cyan line.

SYYED SHAKEER

Left it for a few days while I was out of town and the squeak fixed itself. I manually pulled some more ink and seems to have fixed it so I guess there may have been a bubble in the cyan line.
How exactly do you pull ink from two cap tops on a printer with two heads (ROLAND XR 640) when there are two line from under the cap that goes to the pump . I have the syringe with the Y connector for the tubes from the cap , but dont know the exact way to do it .