• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VSi feed setting off instantly then back to normal

IsItFasst

This is odd. So I've had my VSi for about 6 months now (alongside my SPv that I've had for over 10 years) and the print/cuts have always been spot on since I first calibrated it. Then today I had a sheet where the feed cut was off by enough that it was visible noticeable. Think 1/8" wide border on a 3" circle decal and you could definitely tell it was off on the top and bottom of the circle compared to the print. Thought it could've just got caught on something when cutting so I reprinted; same thing. Did a calibration and feed setting was WAY off. I had it set at -.3 and had to go to a -1.7 from what it was saying. Wow!...How did it jump so much overnight? So reprinted the sheet and now it is even more off than before. ??? Reprint the calibration and now it tells me that my original setting of about -0.3 was correct. So reprint the original sheet of decals and all is good. Double checked my wheels and rollers along with the tool carriage to make sure everything looked good and all appears just fine. Any idea what would cause this? I'm kinda confused as normally cuts will get off over time and not something so drastic within 24 hours...only for it to go back to normal without really fixing anything.

Medina Signs

Old Member
If you left the printer on overnight - could have been an electrical brown out, corrupting some of your settings data. Don't know where you are at but we had a couple of power fluctuations here over the last few days.

IsItFasst

Interesting you say that as I do recall the other day an employee accidentally left it on as I remember it being in sleep mode when I came into the office. Not sure if that's when the trouble started but definitely a possible cause. Oddly, not sure what fixed it though besides the mis-callibration back to the proper calibration.

Joe House

You probably need to clean your feed encoder disk. It's behind the control panel. You'll want to turn off and unplug the printer then remove the 3 screws holding on the control panel. Use a lint free cloth with dampened with some Isopropyl alcohol. This performs the same function as the encoder strip, but for the media feed axis.

Good Luck