• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek GS3250 LX UD....can somebody explain to me how to print double sided coro and get it aligned?

PatWhatley

setting stops on the opposite side of you bed and using those. Adjust the location in you rip/printer and you're off!
That's what I figured out and came back in here to post it. We can print within a 1/16" match on both sides at full production speed now. Takes an extra 15 seconds to set up the file but we'll just have to deal with that.

richsweeney

It was plenty close for our use. Although 10sacer, I will note your idea. I used stamps.com and printed that to a PDF, then added the pdf background. Merged that with a single common front. Then laid it out on the 48x96. The only problem was I did not check with the po if that would be ok on postage. I had to go back and print .30 stamps and had someone manually apply that. Parrot, yes it was about 25 to 30 minutes per side! We only have 2 sets of cmyk. If we run it in 2 pass we can get it down to 4 minutes. The stratojet is not the fastest machine. For 15k more I can add another set of cmyk and maybe shave it down to 3 minutes in 2 pass or 6 minutes for 4 pass. If you want decent 12 point text, then you have to use 6 pass. We started off with offset printing and are used to 2400 dpi. However most if not all clients do not care about that, and as long is the color and type is pleasing, then it is sold.

parrott

That’s great information. So your postage is downloaded through stamps dot com? I am assuming you pay by dimensional weight and that it can’t be bent or folded?

Once you pay, they send you a pdf with the postage stamp? Was each one unique or all the same?