• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek GS3250 LX UD....can somebody explain to me how to print double sided coro and get it aligned?

PatWhatley

We have a Vutek GS3250 LX UD. We can print one side of coro beautifully....if I want to print double sided yard signs (10 per sheet) how do get side two to be aligned with side one without having to spend half my day making coro square by hand first. It seems like it should be a simple matter of aligning to the left on one side and to the right on the other but without going through a 20 step process I'm not seeing how to make that happen. It can't be that complicated.

richsweeney

It seem most coro is never square, and often 48.5x9.5. You can lay them out 10 up in your rip and size them to fit 48.5. Or do what we do and pre paginate them using a simple pagination program for about $300
Since we are printers we at first tried to print these like sheet fed printing mostly perfectly lined up. Now .250 off and more is normal, and so far no one has complained or even noticed. If they do, send them to your favorite competitor. I am assuming you have pop up pins on the machine you line the substrate up to. Remember they only have to look good from 10 or more feet away.

parrott

You need a true flatbed or cut down and run as smaller pieces. We have to precut to print on our hybrids to get art to line up. On our true flatbed we are spot on with front/back registration.

richsweeney

Major in the major stuff the market cares about not what you care about. .250 looks bad to us, but not to most.

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
Almost certain the MIRROR box in print options prints from the right side registration guide. If you have yet to use that registration block, you might want to adjust it's position on a small scrap piece.

netsol

I can't answer your question, BUT YOU ANSWERED ONE OF MINE

now I know why harbor sales offers TRIMMED AND SQUARED CORO

LarryB

Even ordering perfect cut 4'x8' Matraplast is not square. For double sided applications we cut out to 4'x8' on the Kongsberg then print and go back to cut out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Unless you have a pinstripe border along the edge what, why or how can it not print properly ?? Even if you have a bleed, it shouldn't matter.

Again, Cor-X is about the cheapest substrate anyone can order, so I really doubt being off by an 1/8" is gonna really matter. If you need the tolerance of submarine gauges, I suggest you suck it up and make sure they are all square before starting.

PatWhatley

For double sided applications we cut out to 4'x8' on the Kongsberg then print and go back to cut out.
That's what I'm doing for now but cutting down 70-100 sheets a day doesn't make me happy. And when did I become a NEW MEMBER? I think I joined 18 years ago.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Jokes aside, we run into this issue also and we have have a true flatbed.

What we'll do is:
Line up sheet to XY baselines, print side A
Mark end of the job along the edge of the sheet, flip from left to right
Set basepoint at that mark then start your file there

Doesn't line up 100% but gets us close enough.

PatWhatley

That's what we do on our Oce' flatbed. We figured out how to get it done on the Vutek....I may never use the Oce' again.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I'll make a video, but basically you need 3 point registration ideally, and more importantly you need to register to the same 2 edges. This means setting stops on the opposite side of you bed and using those. Adjust the location in you rip/printer and you're off!

Or we can do these for you with free shipping!

richsweeney

I just printed 201 6x9" postcards on 4mill coro 2 sides. around 60 up per sheet Side 1 bleed to edge, no gutters. Side 2 the mailer side had about .375 white margin. It cost .83 for postage fyi. I had to use 6 pass slow for the address side and took about 45 minutes for both sides. We have a stratojet efb falcon. Not perfect, but certainly sell-able. The only common edge registration edge is the 48inch side. Once you flip the sheet you no longer have a true register edge. Thats why on your print, the long edge should follow the 48inch side

parrott

I am assuming you meant 4.5 minutes for both sides.

Have been curious about how postage worked on coro. Thanks for the info!

10sacer

I make the sign 23.875 x 17.875. Print side one aligned to the zero point home position with the pop up registration pins, but offset in print software by .125 and print with trim marks. Once printed, trim down to final size on opposite side long edge and home left edge and flip the sheet over. You are in essence creating a square cut piece of coro and when you flip it over it will match dead nuts to the zero/zero home position. You will adjust side two to print by changing offset to zero and la di da, Bob's your uncle.