• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vutek h2000 carriage height calibration

Mikel53

so i had the bottom limit sensor and mechanical limit setscrews come loose and carriage needs to be adjusted. due to covid we are not allowed to have a tech come out so im trying to do this myself. what i think is the mechanical limit shout be set first then bring the sensor down so it stops from the software before the mechanical limit. any direction would be fantastic so i can get this thing up and running again. i have got it currently where the mechanical stops it just a hair above the belt and the sensor stops it about .020" but i cant get it to calibrate the carriage gap correctly. it thinks it is .020 higher than it actually is.

tbaker

The upper and lower sensors are proximity switches, and are finicky. Your mechanical hardstop should be set to .030, but this can only be done with a dial indicator. Long and short, this is a job for a field engineer honestly, it can be a pain to get it set right when you have all the correct tools, documents, and experience.

just a suggestion, if everything is secure, and you are certain it won’t hit the belt, try setting your carriage gap to .060. If, when you do this if and you have the blue shim, if the carriage is too high, you can actually raise it to .090, redo your bidi, and be able to print without “significant” print quality issues. *disclaimer* don’t try to print small text <10 pt, you probably won’t get good results.

if you are confused drop me a pm I’ll give you my phone number we can talk it through.

Mikel53

The mechanical is very close to .030 judging by my .060 shim. ive got the sensor stopping it at exactly .060 when fully dropped. crazy thing is when i put material in like nitrile vinyl .080 thick i have to run a carriage gap of 0 to get it at a true.075 gap. if i put in thicker material like 1/4" i have to add carriage gap to get the desired .060. strange that its not raising the carriage proportionate to the material thickness. i print on thin sticker paper to 1" thick mats. unfortunately i change material frequently, but it is printing i just have to carefully adjust the carriage gap per material thickness.

Last edited: