• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vytek Cutter

zzzzzzz

Please let me know if any one knows what programs besides Scanvec pro/ casmate will run my Vytek 24 Cutter Gem series, purchased in 1995. It is not a laser cutter :thankyou:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Vytek (Vinyl Technologies) plotters were an outgrowth of a plotter designed by Tim Booth of Norris-Booth in England and brought to the US as the Destiny 4000 plotter and the AccuCut by Newing Hall. Vinyl Technologies was contracted to be the manufacturing resource in the arrangement.

It know all this because Tim and his Mrs., Rosie, settled in West Palm Beach and we were good friends and bowling partners for many years.

My best guess is that you will find drivers for your plotter in FlexiSign and private label versions of Flexi such as Vinyl Express and others. I would be surprised if drivers are not included with SignLab. I would also feel pretty certain that the plotter should work with the generic HPGL plotters included with just about everyone's signmaking software if they don't have a specific driver included for your plotter.

handsome

Do you know anyone with VyTek 500. Since VyTek sold to Alan Datagraph I could not get info or help from Tim Borrows. I'm going to try to reach them again but I need to find out what "dip switch" settings will allow our machine
(early version) to connect with MAC again.

RSVP
DesignWorx, Utah
RK Galloway
(801) 687-8337

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Do you know anyone with VyTek 500. Since VyTek sold to Alan Datagraph I could not get info or help from Tim Borrows. I'm going to try to reach them again but I need to find out what "dip switch" settings will allow our machine
(early version) to connect with MAC again.

RSVP
DesignWorx, Utah
RK Galloway
(801) 687-8337

I don't know anyone named Tim Borrows. If you're asking about Tim Booth, the last I heard from him was that he had accepted employment with a robotics manufacturer in the Chicago area.

You might check with the Newing-Hall people. They were the company that brought Tim and his plotter design to the U.S. They then contracted with Vytek to manufacture it until there was a falling out at which point Newing-Hall committed to manufacturing the official version themselves. There might be someone at Newing-Hall who can recall the dip switch settings for what you want to do.