• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vytek Rebel2 baud rate??

rszemeti

Hi,

I have just acquired a Vytek Rebel2 CNC router. Our routing package has a post processor, and we hooked up the DNC link OK, unfortunately the guys at Vytek have a rather unhelpful attitude. Not even basic user manuals on the website (ok, we figured out most of it already) .. .but they even refuse to tell us what baud rate / stop bits we need to dump the programs down to it, unless we sign up for an expensive service cotnract that we just can't afford right now.

I'm tempted to stick another control on it, because this almost feels like blackmail ... but before I do .. has anyone got the serial port settings for the data transfer for this thing, I tried te usual 9600 N 8 1, its not that :(

rszemeti

Ok, lets try this another way ...

has anyone got a copy of Signlab handy, as that has the driver for the Vytek Rebel 2 ... could someone possibly just draw a square with a circle in the middle and then put a toolpath around it, process it with the Vytek Rebel2 driver included in Signlab and post the .plt output file, so I can check our software is producing code that is compatible with the Vytek router .. im not sure which part is wrong now, could be we have the right baud rate and the wrong file format :(

rszemeti

Just following up .. now we have finally got in touch with the right people at VyTek, its all going a lot better ... as ever, once you get to speak to the right people almost any problem can be solved. They are very helpful indeed.

I am now confident we'll have this up and running pretty soon, I can breathe a sigh of relief :)

gregggemin

Just following up .. now we have finally got in touch with the right people at VyTek, its all going a lot better ... as ever, once you get to speak to the right people almost any problem can be solved. They are very helpful indeed.

I am now confident we'll have this up and running pretty soon, I can breathe a sigh of relief :)

I just got an old Vytek router that I am trying to talk to. Any help from what you have learned would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
Gregg