• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wacky error when importing cut-only files into Onyx

mim

0_o
I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. It happens every time I try to import a SVG file into Onyx as a cut-only file.

Work flow starts in Omega 6.5, save or copy/paste cut lines into Illustrator so I can export as a SVG file, import to Onyx cut server

Any ideas? :thankyou:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-10 082736.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-10 082736.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 167

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I've personally never been able to get the cut-only workflow to work in Onyx. I do believe the svg settings have to be just right in order for it to work.

Have you tried exporting from Composer (as eps, ai or pdf) then importing into Illustrator instead of copy/paste?

• Agree
Reactions: mim

mim

0_o
I've personally never been able to get the cut-only workflow to work in Onyx. I do believe the svg settings have to be just right in order for it to work.

Have you tried exporting from Composer (as eps, ai or pdf) then importing into Illustrator instead of copy/paste?

Yeah I tried all of those variations unfortunately and no luck. It seems like it's the text is more affected than the shapes? I tried converting everything to object and still no difference though.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
But why would you want to import it to cut server? Just use your cutters own software. Anyway I wouldn't waste time playing with that SVG import stuff, as you also have to control of the cutting in the cut server.