• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wacom Cintiq 21UX - has anyone ever used one of these?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I bought my first digitizing tablet in 1984 and loved it's accuracy. It had a 20" x 20" working area and you taped your artwork on top of it then entered your vector control points. Then, like most of us from that era, I drifted into scanning, hand tracing with a mouse and/or autotracing.

Last night I got to thinking about how unnatural a lot of that is with a mouse and decided to look into current tablets to see what they cost and what might be of benefit. I had pretty much settled into a Wacom Intuos 9 x 12 (street price around $375) when I clicked on the Cintiq 21UX link (street price around $2,500).

On surface it seems like the ultimate tablet. Load a picture in your favorite application and start digitizing right on the monitor. Not only highly accurate but, presumably, much quicker and more intuitive than working with a pen and tablet on your desk or lap and coordinating with what you see on your monitor.

I'm not anxious to spend that kind of money but I do have a need to streamline that set of chores for clipart development and am trying to appraise the cost to benefit ratio.

Tell me what you think.

pgettys

i recently SOLD and REGRET IT a 15inch
it was everything you could imagine and more
Very nice tablet/monitor

Paul

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I still believe digitizing tablets are faster/easier/more accurate than tracing a scan. Dunno if this helps, but I saw one of the on screen "tablets" in an ad agcy - they told me "they're awesome".

Pro Image

If Im not mistaken The design man that works with the boys at American Chopper use them to design parts and layout of bikes with............Hell if they use em' why not us.................

Cadmn

why not us ? well the boys at oc are now millionaires thanks to discovery TV they also have a waterjet , H2's & a bunch of other nice expensive stuff
they are nice additions to any setup

Pro Image

Cadmn said:
why not us ? well the boys at oc are now millionaires thanks to discovery TV they also have a waterjet , H2's

What you don't have that stuff too?.......................:thumb:

stickitco

lol them boys have alot of things that most of us don't. But...... with what they have comes alot of headache too. Imagine not being able to go get groceries with being hassled.