• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall graphics not sticking.

Sticky Signs

I have a roll of ORAJET® Series 3628
Movable Wall & Window Graphics Inkjet Media. I printed a few test pieces. The first one is a rectangle print/cut to the edge. The second is the same file with a white border. I installed both pieces on a clean, painted dry wall surface. I wanted to see how long they'd last. Well was I ever disappointed when I came in the next day to see that the edges where already lifting - alot. In fact, much to my surprise, the piece with the white border was worse than the one that was cut to the edge. Based on these results, I can't sell this stuff. Am I missing something here? Did I do something wrong? Tips, tricks and advise are good. Or maybe suggest a different material that works.
BTW, I did contour cut a bunch of this stuff with a 60deg blade (used it for paint stencils). It's a real pain. I had to keep applying more pressure because after a few feet it would barely cut through the vinyl.

w2csa

Hi,
How long did you let the print dry before cutting and application?
I've heard longer dry time gets better results.

Sticky Signs

I usually print/cut right away. i'll try some samples and let them sit for a while before cutting.
The fabrics are great for simple shapes but I'm planing to do some fancy-shmancy contour cutting.

Neil

I've used the 3628 "Wall Art" on a few jobs now and have been very happy with it. Although, I haven't printed/contour cut it yet.

I had a couple of jobs where I needed a painted finish (low gloss orange and matt black) so I cut the graphics, painted with latex, then weeded. It weeded fine - cut at normal pressure.

One job had to stick to dead flat ceiling paint and it went up fine.

Pretty handy stuff to have I reckon, but I've yet to try a contour cut full bleed print.

702 graphics

Make sure the paint is Semi-Gloss / Gloss
We do alot of retail. Most stores paint in flat paint.
Vinyl does not get along with flat paint

Skye

Oracal

the oracal tech guy told us if it is a dark solid to let sit before cutting 48-72 hrs.
Avery's 6mil wall film is better. has more adhesive.