• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall graphics on Kilz....

Moze

Precision Sign Services
It's Oracals version of air egress. Had some spots that just would not stay down. Wall was painted with Kilz approximately 2 weeks ago.

Kilz??????? There are different types of paint from kilz. Full cure on latex paint is about 30 days and about 7 days for oil based. Possibly just too soon.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
No idea which Kilz it was. I should have asked the contractor...just didn't think of it (didn't realize there were that many varieties).

signguy 55

Old house painter's trick me and my Dad used to do.

Wet the edge of a rag with water. Start rubbing. Any thing water based will start to dissolve, oil based there will be no difference.
Maybe there are some old buckets laying around waiting to be taken to the dump? At least then you would know.
Can't get a phone number of whoever painted it?

oksigns

It's Oracals version of air egress. Had some spots that just would not stay down. Wall was painted with Kilz approximately 2 weeks ago.

Oracal has a few rapid air release products, but I do know the RA texture does not lend itself well to painted walls with stain and mildew inhibitors.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
decals do not like flat paint, they need something to grip on
This is mostly true. I have had some luck with flat or eggshell...problem is many new gloss paints have that anti-stain additive that makes it tricky. One trick we have learned is to take alcohol to the paint with a rag, and then stick your graphic on.

Vinyldog

That's why I hate doing wall-graphics. Using Photo-Tex seems to cure adhesion problems but it has a very matte finish.

OldPaint

KILZ.......... is a primer....sealer......will not last long as a top coat......i dont understand......NOT PUTTING A TOP COAT OF PAINT on it.........THEN vinyl it.....also vinyl dont adhere to FLAT paint....which KILZ IS!!! how much more would it cost/take in time to put a coat of GLOSS ENAMEL LATEX on it???