• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall Vinyl Install

ham1056

Hello:

We do a ton of window perf & vinyl install, some wall cut vinyl logos or lettering but doing an estimate on a 200 sq. ft area wall vinyl install. Straight forward area, no curves or angles, just a long wall. We have asked client to prime paint the wall but any other tips on wall installs compared to window vinyl? Trying to make sure I have install costs covered.
Eco-sol printer & Avery product

Thanks

ikarasu

Hello:

We do a ton of window perf & vinyl install, some wall cut vinyl logos or lettering but doing an estimate on a 200 sq. ft area wall vinyl install. Straight forward area, no curves or angles, just a long wall. We have asked client to prime paint the wall but any other tips on wall installs compared to window vinyl? Trying to make sure I have install costs covered.
Eco-sol printer & Avery product

Thanks
If they prime it first, wait a few weeks for the paint to dry and Cure to the wall. Make sure they don't use an easy wash, low VOC paint. Do a small tape test and make sure the wall paint doesn't come off with regular masking tape.... If it does then you'll probably pull down half the paint if they ever remove the vinyl, and odds are your vinyl will curl and fall down on the edges.

Oh, and don't cheap out on the vinyl. Use Avery wall vinyl.. even removable vinyl will tear chunks of the drywall off when removing it if they ever do.

Martinc5

I install for a local company and they switched to high tac vinyl for walls about 2 years ago. Positioning has to be spot on before application as you only get one shot at it and it makes a mess of the wall if it's ever removed but had a lot of problems with normal vinyl in the past.

jfiscus

Rap Master
What vinyl & laminate are you using? Is it an interior or exterior wall? What type of paint/primer? There are a lot of factors that go into successful wall wraps.

ham1056

What vinyl & laminate are you using? Is it an interior or exterior wall? What type of paint/primer? There are a lot of factors that go into successful wall wraps.
Interior wall vinyl is Avery MPI 2611 with over lam. I was going to have client prime the wall before install, wait a few weeks but may test with what they have & see how it hods for a week.