• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall Wrap Material Recommendation

OhioSigns

I've got a customer looking to do an interior wall wrap on painted concrete block walls. I don't really get into wall wraps too often and am wondering your guys experiences with 3M IJ8624 and 3M LX480mC. I noticed that the IJ8624 is only rated for 6 months outdoor while the LX480mC is rated for 11 years outdoor. Do you guys use the IJ8624 for long-term interior graphics? I'm leaning towards using the LX480mC for that reason.... does it install the same as IJ8624? I was planning on purchasing the TA4 and using that for install or what do you guys find as the best tools / methods for installation.

Wesley Powell

Account Rep
I've got a customer looking to do an interior wall wrap on painted concrete block walls. I don't really get into wall wraps too often and am wondering your guys experiences with 3M IJ8624 and 3M LX480mC. I noticed that the IJ8624 is only rated for 6 months outdoor while the LX480mC is rated for 11 years outdoor. Do you guys use the IJ8624 for long-term interior graphics? I'm leaning towards using the LX480mC for that reason.... does it install the same as IJ8624? I was planning on purchasing the TA4 and using that for install or what do you guys find as the best tools / methods for installation.
We did a similar job a little over 2 years ago using LX480mC, the job went smooth and would highly recommend using the material. Heat and the TA-4roller are going to be the best method to install as it will make it go much smoother and quicker.

Reveal1

A little off topic, but an alternative we've been using for concrete block is WalkNWall Goes up super quick, it's durable, and sticks to about anything. The fabric back allows the material to span the grout joints 9or you can partially work them into the joint without heat and hides all he little nooks and crannies in painted block. Nice texture look too. Drawback is it might not be best for super fine detail like fine gradients, small text, fine lines etc. cost a wall in 480 with install and compare - a lot more profit potential with the walk n wall.