• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

was i out of line with this price?

binki

Foam letters with a plastic top, outside install on a spanish lace, south facing, SoCal at about $125/letter with removal of the old ones and cleanup/repair and install of the new ones about 20 feet up.

The old ones were falling off. We didn't do them. Wrong adhesive, hand cut, bad app. We didn't do it. This was a referral.

We offer 100% guarantee on what we do. Was I out of line with the price? Customer didn't call back.

Craig Sjoquist

NO ... you said.. foam letters, plastic top , remove old, clean surface, install about 20 ft up.

Cost of letters with profit, labor for re-move, clean & install ...20 ft up... as soon as you put in 20 ft ... you might be to low

binki

Sixteen 13.5" letters. We have our sign supply vendor do the cad cut on these. It is a push for me to rent a lift or use a ladder. Either way I pay $350 for the lift or take my time on a ladder. I figure he got a good deal to begin with so I am probably 3X or more what he paid. Of course they are not holding up.

Oh well, I only want profitable jobs. I will let my competition take the unprofitable ones.

OlsonSigns601

Well I wouldnt use foam, I would just order plastic letters from Gemini and charge catelog price with an install of about $800.

But I also own my lift and we've done it many times before.

Last foam letters saw, we replaced them because birds were pecking away at them.

binki

Thanks for the 411 on the foam. We have used Gemini in the past. We like our sign supplier and trust they know their stuff. I was about the same on the install, just a few bux down from what you said but we do have a good margin on the letters and we had to remove the old letters and repair any damage which I took a wild @$$ guess at. Figured if they were already falling off they couldn't be to hard.