• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch help please.

tcorn1965

Hopefully someone on here can point me in the right direction. I am using Wasatch Softrip 6.4 and have two Epson 9600's that I rip to; works great, never had an issue (this was setup before I started here).

We just got an Epson 11880 here. I have installed it and it is printing great, my problem is that it is taking forever to spool to the 11880 through Wasatch. I can rip the exact same file with the exact (I think) settings to the 9600 and it spools in about 10 seconds and I can reload jobs and continue ripping. Not with the 11880 it is taking so long (20-30 minutes) I cannot do anything until it is done.

All three printers are hooked up usb2 and all printer settings in Windows as well as Wasatch are identical for these printers. The only difference I can tell is that for each 9600 printer there is actually two printers for each in windows printer properties. For example Epson #1 has that setup as well as a generic / text only printer setup for #1 -using the same port. My setup has the Epson 11880 only-not the text / generic. I cannot get tech support because you only get it for 180 days after purchasing rip, and owner does not want to purchase it for $590.00, and since I recommended this printer it is now my problem to fix. I cannot find any knowledge base or white papers to guide me. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful!

Terry

heyskull

I tried to add a plotter for contour cutting onto my system and wasatch wanted to much the same sort of money to either update a thing they already supply or to add tech support!
All wasatch wanted me to do in the end was update my programme!
I'm happy with it as it is and don't have the money.
They are nowt but money grabbers!!

SC

Rooster

Sounds like the 11880 isn't set-up for immediate print.

In the left window tabs under unit options turn on the check box that says immediate print. Then as soon as the RIP has generated enough info to start printing it will send it to the printer while it finishes ripping the rest of the job. Right now it's ripping the whole job before it starts to print.

tcorn1965

Sounds like the 11880 isn't set-up for immediate print.

In the left window tabs under unit options turn on the check box that says immediate print. Then as soon as the RIP has generated enough info to start printing it will send it to the printer while it finishes ripping the rest of the job. Right now it's ripping the whole job before it starts to print.

Thanks Rooster, it is unchecked for the 11880, as well as the 9600's.

It already Starts printing as soon as I hit Rip and print, it just spools until it is completely done printing.
Whereas the 9600's I hit rip and print, it spools very quickly then prints.

Thanks,
Terry