• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wasatch question

iladi

i'm using softrip for my RJ900 printer. i often has alot of students each one with alot of drafts. usualy i make a layout for each student and rip the job while other is printed. (rip+print is nor allways good). But sometimes i'm lost. I can't tell if a job was printed or not. I also have versa for my roland, and there is a flag that indicates a job was printed. is there a such a thing in softrip i i haven't find it? a job/print log or something similar maybe?

e.borri

i'm using softrip for my RJ900 printer. i often has alot of students each one with alot of drafts. usualy i make a layout for each student and rip the job while other is printed. (rip+print is nor allways good). But sometimes i'm lost. I can't tell if a job was printed or not.

Unfortunately, Wasatch SoftRip does not shows if a job was printed or not.
On the first column on the left of the rigt column you see the remaining copies to print; this value if you print one copy goest to "0" as soon as the datas of this image is sent to the printer.

For the layouts is the same thing. If you see a "0" or the layout is being printed or it was already printed.

You also says:
(rip+print is nor allways good)

Not true! :)
I work with 4 machines driven by SoftRip on a PC (Opps, I'm a Mac user so all the PCs are the same for me:wink:).
Often I print on all the four machines while ripping jobs - also big jobs for textile - for all of the four machines.

Here a few tips:
1) rip one job at a time
2) did you tried installing a Solid State drive for your print queue?
It's a big difference!!!

Ciao
Enzo