• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch SoftRIP 7.8/Epson SureColor F7200

Andrew R.

Hey Gang,

Im new to the community here as I was looking for an outlet from other professionals who may have had this issue or solutions. We run our Epson F7200 in tandem with Wasatch and press onto Chromalux metals.

Ive had an issue lately and I can't seem to pinpoint if it's on the RIP side or the printer..Im almost certain its RIP based but can't find anything out of ordinary and currently work has not enrolled in the subscription plan they offer for tech support.

SO.... Two things: 1. We will size say a 12"x18" file and rip it then send to the printer via Layout mode... and more times than not the image comes out undersized in one direction. So final result may be 11.875" by 18". It's not a cropping issue because I can see the crop marks it's like the file squeezes down a bit to print. We are printing on a 60" media.

2. Wasatch used to run flawlessly with the RIP and Print queues always going in order... we updated to 7.8 and then I noticed the queues now go out of order based off number sequence.. Example: used to go 00001,00002, so on and so forth now anytime it starts a new number place (1's,10's,100's,etc) it throws them all around in the queue making it hard to locate recently ripped or printed files.

When I rip something I expect it to go to the bottom of the list like normal, not somewhere in the middle based off the number.

Any ideas or thoughts? Sorry for the rant. Hope I was clear.

twmiller24

I have Wasatch 7.4, so I don't know if I can help. But - just to be clear, you are clicking on "index" to sort your files, not sorting them by "Notes"?