• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch softrip and icc profile

hethan

Hello,
I have an epson 9800 and use wasatch 6 as rip. I'm a traditional artist switching some years ago to digital.
Was always satisfied with printing with standard driver settings within photoshop, but decided to set up a workflow with colormanagement.
I'm making Icc profiles with colormunki photo , and in wasatch I do use them as input profile.
So far so good, but I don't get the results I want, although I can see the improved printing quality by wasatch, but in the end there is an output profile necessary in wasatch, which is CMYK.At this moment I do use as output profile a standard CMYKswop profile, which results in weak shadows. So basically, I think to skip working in RGB and switch to CMYK, but than I do have a problem with my Colormunki Photo equipment, making icc profiles in RGB format.Is there a way to change the RGB iccprofiles into CMYK icc??( easy to use software?)
Sorry it's that much text!!:smile:; still hope there is an answer..

LenR

The profiles you make are the output profiles.
For input profiles use something like Adobe1998 and work in RGB.

Hello,
I have an epson 9800 and use wasatch 6 as rip. I'm a traditional artist switching some years ago to digital.
Was always satisfied with printing with standard driver settings within photoshop, but decided to set up a workflow with colormanagement.
I'm making Icc profiles with colormunki photo , and in wasatch I do use them as input profile.
So far so good, but I don't get the results I want, although I can see the improved printing quality by wasatch, but in the end there is an output profile necessary in wasatch, which is CMYK.At this moment I do use as output profile a standard CMYKswop profile, which results in weak shadows. So basically, I think to skip working in RGB and switch to CMYK, but than I do have a problem with my Colormunki Photo equipment, making icc profiles in RGB format.Is there a way to change the RGB iccprofiles into CMYK icc??( easy to use software?)
Sorry it's that much text!!:smile:; still hope there is an answer..

To my knowledge, the ColorMunki device is intended to produce ICC printer profiles exclusively for driver-based workflows. These are typically RGB swatch sets, in spite of the fact that the desktop printer uses CMYK inks.

RIPs on the other hand, generally require CMYK-based swatch sets, and that type of ICC profile is not available in the ColorMunki, though XRite also makes a series of spectrophotometers that include the i1Pro2 series that can generate CMYK-based ICC profiles that are useable in most RIPs, via the i1 Profiler software.