• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waste Tank full problem

customcreations

Got the message and put an empty one in and still get the error. I have cleaned everything in the area of the tank. That usually works when this happens but not today. HELP!!! --Phillip

Conor Knoxx

I've noticed a few times on mine, that the little switch / sensor sticks in place (gummed up with ink I suspect)

Basically, when you pull the tray out, it should "detect" the tray being out or missing, then when you put it back, it asks "new or old?"

What tipped me off, is that it didn't indicate when I removed it, that the tray was indeed out.

Just reached in with a ruler, gave the switch a tap (on the top-right hand side, at the back of the slot) the thingy popped out (technical term there :p) and all was well.
Mine's a Valuejet 1204 just to be clear on models too.

Biker Scout

I'm thinking about drilling a hole in the bottom of my machine and screwing in a large bottle. The tray thing is lame. In fact, I've completely removed my sponge, and just rinse it out every now and then with Acetone.

customcreations

I pulled the cover off the end and cleaned it in more detail. That fixed it. I too am now going to do the waste bottle thing. That is how the newer printer's come now.--Phillip