• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waste Tank

TXMOD70

On the 1204, what can you clean that waste tray out with? Can the cotton pad be cleaned with a chemical? Any info will help.

Thanks Geo

Color Dude

Man its cheaper to just replace the pad. Once you clean the pad then you have to let it dry and that will take a half a day. Then you have a black pad going back in there that will not be able to absorb correctly and it will just make a mess.

Call your local dealer and buy a new set of pads for it.

Remember there is 3 pads. They are referenced as an "A" & "B" pad. It takes 2 "A's" & 1 "B". Make sure to pay attention to how you take them out of the tray so you put the new ones back in correctly.

Clean the tray with Denatured alcohol. Its much cheaper and will not hurt the plastic tray. I go to Walmart and get a tub of Special Kitty cat litter, and just pour the liquids into that. Its easy to dispose of when the litter gets saturated and it has a lid. But one tub will last a year easily with just one printer in the shop.

Have a good one

Last edited:

MrKoob

Pour the liquid into something absorbent like cat litter or the substance used for oil spills in garages. As for the pads it's usually advised to replace them.

customcreations

Do like me and use cheap sanitary napkins. Takes about 4 1/2 to do it. I cut the ends square and have to do a little notching but it works fine. $15 will buy anough for a year. I use some el-cheapo brand pads!! I also have a spare tray, so I always have one ready to swap out.--Phillip