• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WAVEY Lines on SAV pRINT LATEX L25500 HELP!!!!

merseyprint

I Recent got a latex hp l25500 printer if i print on banners, poster paper and pop up banners it prints perfect but then i select Self Adhesive Vinyl i get i line in 3 parts of my print
attachment.php
can anyone help also where i can get more profiles

Attachments

• 2015-09-30 15.11.44.jpg
    2015-09-30 15.11.44.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 383
Have you gone back after this and tried to print on banner material. I am wondering if you tried all those materials, switched to vinyl and now you have an issue.

The wave marks are produced by the media drive rollers. This root cause of this issue is typically roll-specific, where plasticizers have migrated to and are now polluting the print surface of the media. Here is more on what plasticizers are, and why they are put into PVC-based media products:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasticizer

The plasticizers will 'migrate' from the interior to the exterior of the media, over time, and this migration process is amplified by heat. Once the plasticizers are on the surface of the media, they interfere with Latex ink's bond to that media, and various artifacts will result, with the characteristic wavy pattern being the most common. What can be done?

a) Obtain a newer roll of PVC print media, which has not had the migration occur.
b) Clean the existing roll, using something like Isopropyl Alcohol, to physically remove the plasticizers from the print surface of the media.

Asuma01

The wave marks are produced by the media drive rollers. This root cause of this issue is typically roll-specific, where plasticizers have migrated to and are now polluting the print surface of the media. Here is more on what plasticizers are, and why they are put into PVC-based media products:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasticizer

The plasticizers will 'migrate' from the interior to the exterior of the media, over time, and this migration process is amplified by heat. Once the plasticizers are on the surface of the media, they interfere with Latex ink's bond to that media, and various artifacts will result, with the characteristic wavy pattern being the most common. What can be done?

a) Obtain a newer roll of PVC print media, which has not had the migration occur.
b) Clean the existing roll, using something like Isopropyl Alcohol, to physically remove the plasticizers from the print surface of the media.

Great advise. Except its not feasible to wipe down a roll of vinyl. In cases like that return the product and explain the problem and have them pull a newer roll.
The wipe down method I hear works great for sheets of media. ACM, MDO, ect...

you might also look into replacing the rollers on the inside. Couldn't hurt.

Great advise. Except its not feasible to wipe down a roll of vinyl. In cases like that return the product and explain the problem and have them pull a newer roll.

I agree completely with your point. Cleaning an entire roll would be difficult on it's best day. However if one is in a pinch to get a job out today, cleaning a section may be the only option in some cases.

Regarding the question of media profiles for the L25500 printer, HP has created a central repository for information and media profiles, called the Media Solutions Locator. Here is a link:

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/2013/ga/MediaLocator/home.html

Punch in your printer model, application, location, etc and media products that fit that search argument will be listed. From there you can drill into the desired media(s) and pull down the media profile for your printer/ RIP/ media (for L2 printers).

Annette Asberg

I took an old roll and sprayed it with Isopropyl Alcohol when I had the roll in the machine. I just sprayed 4 feet of the roll and then run it trough the machine and all of the waves went away. First test print went not so very well due to moisture left from the alcohol so I took a rag and stroke it along the rollers and now it's totally fine again.